|“||For the tribes...and for Chima!||”|
Laval is a warrior and the prince of the Lion Tribe in Chima. He is the son of Lagravis (his mother is not mentioned in the series) and an accomplished Speedor racer. He is best friends with Cragger. Laval is expected to be a mature lion warrior, but he is shown to act like a kid, forgetting his duties. He is the main protagonist of the series, which follows his adventures.
Laval is the headstrong prince of the Lion tribe who still has a lot to learn to about what it means to be a leader. He may want others to see him as a powerful and responsible adult, but he's still a big kid at heart. Duty doesn't always take priority over having a good time. But what's the harm in pulling a little prank every so often? Like a lot of kids, he has an insatiable curiosty and a relentless flair for challenging the rules. This can be a problem since the Lions are all about following and challenging the rules. Can Laval figure this out and become the great warrior and leader his tribe expects of him?
After The Battles for CHI
The prince of the Lion Tribe, Laval was once very headstrong and more interested in having a good time than anything else. But the battles over CHI have helped him to grow up a little bit. While he still loves nothing more than a new adventure or a chance to have fun, he also understands more about the duties and responsibilities of a prince. He showed that by his willingness to put the past aside and ally with Cragger against a common threat. As the leader of a new, united team of heroes, the fate of Chima rests on his shoulders.
- Best Friends: Eris, Gorzan, Rogon, Bladvic, Cragger (his best friend both before and after the first season of the TV series), and Worriz and Razar (after the first season of the TV series).
- Fighting Style: Master of the Crushing Lion Pounce.
- Hobbies: Exploring Chima.
- Alignment: Good.
- Personality: Fun, heroic, adventurous, and mischievous.
- Likes: Having fun, Li'Ella
- Dislikes: Cragger fighting against tribes, water (currently), Sir Fangar, having made mistakes
- Laval's character design is noted for being similar to Lion-O, from the Thundercats franchise.
- Because of this, some have called Legends of Chima a rip-off of Thundercats.
- Laval is ironically the cause of two major events in Chima. The first occurred when he threw the Crocodile Tribe's Chi into the Gorge of Eternal Depth, which caused the creation of the Crawlers. The second occurred later, when he gave Scorm a Chi orb, which resulted in Scorm throwing Chi down a crevasse inhabited by the Ice Hunters, who the Chi caused to wake up.
- Laval makes a brief cameo in Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu when Lloyd Garmadon and Morro emerge from a portal and into Chima. Laval asks Lloyd and Morro them what they are doing there before Morro leaves with Lloyd.
- A version of Laval is available for the Lego Dimensions game. This version features similar printing to his Fire Chi attire, with few alterations, and has a piece of Fire Chi in his harness. He comes in a Fun Pack along with a lion car.
In LEGO Sets
- All episodes